In the unlikely event that your Motorola MO-XT910 becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart or reboot on the device by following the steps below.
Press and hold the Power button and Volume up button for 20 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.
The forced restart or reboot will not delete any Data on your Motorola MO-XT910.
Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. Keep in mind, when using this feature everything is deleted.
To reset your Motorola MO-XT910:
1. Touch App
2. Touch Settings
3. Touch Backup & reset
4. Touch Factory Data Reset
5. Touch Reset Phone
If you are unable to access the Motorola MO-XT910’s menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an external factory reset.
WARNING: When using this feature; everything is deleted from the Motorola MO-XT910.
NOTE: Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The Motorola MO-XT910 will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to Wipe data / factory reset and the POWER Key to select this option
8. Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES – delete all user data and press the POWER key to CONFIRM
9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
10. The Motorola MO-XT910 will reboot and start the normal power up sequence