The Sony Xperia M is a sleek and stylish smartphone that has various features designed to enhance user experience. One of the essential aspects of any smartphone is setting up a personalized ringtone that adds a touch of individuality to your device. In this article, we will guide you through the steps on how to change your ringtone on your Sony Xperia M.
Preparing to Change the Ringtone
Before changing your ringtone, you need to identify where the new ringtone will be saved from the available options on your Sony Xperia M. You can check your device’s stock ringtones or download new ones from the internet. Once you have decided on the desired ringtone, it’s time to move on to the next step.
Changing the Ringtone on Sony Xperia M
- Access sound settings – Navigate to the settings app on your device and then click on Sounds and Notifications option.
- Select phone ringtone – Scroll down to the Phone Ringtone option and tap it.
- Choose the desired ringtone – You will see a list of available ringtones on your device. Select the desired ringtone that you want to set as your default ringtone.
- Preview the ringtone – After you’ve selected the new tone, click on the play button below the name of your new ringtone to hear a preview of the tone you’ve selected.
- Save changes – If you’re satisfied with the new ringtone, click Save to set it as your default ringtone.
Customizing the Ringtone Using Music Files
If you have decided to use music files as your ringtone, follow the simple steps outlined below to create a customized ringtone:
- Choose the music file – Identify the music file on your device that you wish to use as your ringtone.
- Edit the music file – Use a music editor app to select the specific section of the song you want to use as your ringtone. The music editor app can crop the music and trim it to the desired length.
- Save the new file – Once you’ve completed editing the file, save it using a unique name as an MP3 or OGG file type.
- Set the customized ringtone – Follow the same steps for changing the ringtone mentioned above and select your new customized ringtone from the available options.
You can set different ringtones for different contacts by navigating to the contact details and selecting a personalized ringtone for each of them. There are also several third-party apps that you can download to get new and unique ringtones for your device.
If your Sony Xperia M is not saving the changes you made to your ringtone, there may be a problem with your device’s configuration. Ensure that you have enabled ‘WRITE_SETTINGS’ permission for the app that manages your ringtones. If you continue to experience issues, reset the Phone app or Force Stop it.
Conclusion: In conclusion, personalizing your ringtone on your Sony Xperia M is a simple process that you can do in just a few minutes. We hope that this article has helped you to change your ringtone with ease. So go ahead and choose a ringtone that reflects your personality.